- Leads and delivers value added financial, operational and compliance audit service. This includes conducting internal audits and delivering the results to the Audit Committee.
- Led and delivered Sarbanes Oxley engagements for multiple clients spanning several industries. This effort included managing the engagement, documenting the key controls and developing a testing strategy, performing test work, coordinating the remaining sections and delivering the report.
- Developed Risk Assessment methodology designed to apply internal audit resources to areas of greatest need. Dynamic methodology is intended to change with organizational and industry risk profile.
- Transitions extensive experience in the Internal Audit profession serving as a chief audit executive and senior business advisor with over 27 years experience.
- Former Firm Director (non-equity partner) at a “Big Four” firm and a Managing Director for an Internal Audit and Control Advisory Firm in the greater Philadelphia market. Focus on risk management and delivering various internal audit services including full outsourcing, co-sourcing, quality assurance reviews, enterprise risk management, anti-fraud programs and controls, training and corporate governance in the Insurance, Financial Services, Manufacturing, Media, Technology, Real Estate and Healthcare industries.
- Managed and completed internal business process reviews for a variety of companies, focusing on business operations, financial reporting and compliance.
- Regulatory knowledge includes Sarbanes Oxley, FCPA, Dodd-Frank, GLBA, OFAC, Federal Sentencing Guidelines.
- Extensive knowledge of COSO – Integrated Framework and ERM, IFRS, BPR, and controls remediation techniques.
Education and Credentials
- CPA (NJ and PA), CIA, CFSA
- MBA – Lehigh University/BS – Kean University (Management Science-Accounting)
- Authored articles on various topics and frequent speaker
- Past President of the Philadelphia Chapter of the IIA, Chairman – 2009 IIA Eastern Regional Conference, Nominee for Eastern Region District 2 IIA Representative
- Former Adjunct Professor – Seton Hall University – Internal Audit